Saturday, October 3, 2009

BYU Football - Utah St - Final BYU 35 CSU 17


I didn't get a chance to post my prediction about last night's game against Utah State, because I've been out of town.  On the way to the game, I told my wife that I thought BYU would win the football game by three scores.  However, I didn't expect it to play out the way it did.  I actually expected BYU's score to be in the 50's.


The game started off as what looked like was going to be a shoot out.  Utah State got on the score board first by capitalizing on a BYU turnover with a touchdown.  BYU answered with a 6 yard TD catch by Dennis Pitta.  The second quarter was owned by BYU.  It wasn't the shootout that the game appeared it was going to be after the first quarter.  BYU scored twice, including a touchdown in the final seconds of the second quarter on a turnover from Utah State.  The third quarter may have been the most boring quarter of football I have ever watched.  BYU didn't score and Utah State added only a field goal.  The fourth quarter was better as BYU added two more scores and Utah State added one in the final seconds of the game.

BYU won the game soundly.  After the second quarter, it didn't appear that Utah State had much of a chance. 

McKay Jacobson didn't play in the game, which meant that Spence Hafoka and Luke Ashworth would take on more responsibility.  Ashworth answered the call.  He had 5 catches for 91 yards and one touchdown.  I was impressed with his play. 

No comments:

BYU Football

Welcome to the BYU Football Fan Blog! This blog is dedicated to the BYU Football team as they make their way to toward national recognition and a national championship. This blog will contain BYU game stats, BYU player info, game commentary, and recent news articles.

Check back on a regular basis to see all of the exciting news about BYU football as they look to become the next BCS buster and possibly national champion.